Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Judge Passes Parts of Arizona Immigration Law: What does this mean?

American cultural icons, apple pie, baseball, ...Image via Wikipedia



What does this mean? Good or Bad?  Is this the American way? Or isn't it?  How do we protect our borders?  To me immigration issues are just as touchy as race issues, they're to touchy to deal with.  They bring out mass debate and sometimes feelings in us that we didn't know we had.

Being a New Yorker, I guess I view these issues differently from those in AZ.  But I have to admit that I am on the fence (no pun intended) about some of the issues.  Which kind of makes me feel like a bigoted American, especially since I am African American, but I do feel bad that so many law abiding people are being blamed for the few crooks.

This debate will forever live on, just as the race debates do.

--Princess Carter
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment