Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beyoncé Covers Essence Magazine

Beyonce' made her editorial debut in this month's Essence magazine cover story dubbed, Eat, Play,Love.  In the issue B tells (writes) her own story.  Telling about the year that she says, "changed her life"!  It gave her a chance to be an "ordinary girl".  She got to be a wife, world tourist and sleep in "her own bed" for months! Something she says she hasn't been able to do since she was 15.  Below is an excerpt from the article.  The spread was shot in Brookville, NY and is an ode to B's childhood in Texas where she attended the annual rodeo, which is huge in Houston.  Copy on newsstands now.

"I had talked about taking a vacation before, but always ended up in the studio after two weeks, so no one believed me. This time, though, I was serious. I was going to give myself a year to do the things I never get to do. Simple things like play with my nephew, pick him up from school, visit museums, go to concerts, see some Broadway shows, learn to cook a meal and spend time with my husband... Yes, I needed some relaxation, but I wanted inspiration too, from regular everyday things. They did not have to be over-the-top productions. I was looking for tiny moments that would speak to my heart and make me smile..." --Beyonce, ESSENCE



--Princess Carter
Essence.com, Beyonceworld
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment