Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Essence of Natural Beauties: Solange, Erykah Badu & Ledisi Celebrate Naturual Beauty With ESSENCE MAGAZINE

ESSENCE magazine has always been one to celebrate a woman's natural beauty and for their upcoming May issue they have chosen three of Black America's most beautiful natural beauties, Erykah Badu, Ledisi and Solange--who all share their secrets and acceptance of everything that makes them beautiful.

ESSENCE reports: 
Erykah Badu, Ledisi and Solange. Each of these artists have captivated audiences not only with their songs, but also with their style and beauty. And for each of them, it's always about self-expression. 
"Although I'm known for my long, colorful locs, I still don't take my hair too seriously," says Ledisi, who is loving life with a new album and a new love. "I experiment a lot, dyeing it and constantly switching styles to grab attention. My hair is one of my best accessories and changing it helps express who I am." 
One could never say that Solange has fit neatly into any mold and that's by design. "We all have the option of how we want to express ourselves through our life, hair, style or whatever we decide. We shouldn't be pigeonholed into any one category," she says. 
"I view my hair and clothes as functional art," says the always funky-cool Badu, who is also the new face of Givenchy. "I'm my own stylist and I love it, but I am not trying to make a statement."  (Essence) 

Pick up your copy, so you too, can celebrate & rejoice in your own natural beauty.  

Check out all three covers below and watch the behind the scenes video for Solanges's cover shoot below.


Solo:





Erykah:





Ledisi:


Head over to Essence to watch videos from Erykah and Ledisi.

--Princess Carter

Source:  Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment