Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beyonce on the "biggest opportunity of her life"; Talks '4', 'ASIB' & Growth With Reuters

Beyonce-Complex-8


Beyonce' talks to Reuters, about her role in the upcoming 4th adaptation of, A Star is Born & her musical evolution:


What the movie has meant to her:
"It's when I became a fan of Barbra Streisand's. And I then saw Judy Garland's version of 'A Star Is Born' and I realized every 20 to 30 years a new star is born and a new talent represents that generation and era -- so I didn't think that I would ever get the opportunity to be the star," she said.


On Clint Eastwood:
"I met with Clint and I was so nervous and I know that it is the biggest opportunity of my life. I will work as hard as I can," she said. "Because I can't wait. And I am so happy that he trusts me and I am in good hands and I am so fortunate."


Filming Status:
The film is due to begin shooting at the end of the year and, according to showbiz website Deadline Hollywood, may also co-star Leonardo DiCaprio. 
On '4' and her Musical & Artistic Evolution:
"This album was a labor of love. It was not about singles," she said. "I felt like the emotion and live instruments and just soul (were) missing out of the music industry, especially the popular music that's out. I wanted to bring it back to the music I grew up listening to. It's like a mixture of the '90s and the '70s and rock-n-roll."
"It just feels like no one else can tell me how I am supposed to perform, and I think it's what separates the Michaels and the Madonnas from the artists that are great but are just not quite the Michaels and the Madonnas," Beyonce said.
"Having to balance the two is really hard and really making sure that I'm still doing my job, which is to be the performer and the entertainer and not have to do everyone else's job so that mine doesn't suffer, that's been a challenge," she said.

She added: "I'm sleeping with my blackberry, I'm having dreams that I'm answering e-mails, like it's that far!"

--Princess Carter

Credit: CBSNews.com, Reuters & http://twitter.com/#!/BEYNCEcallmeDVA

No comments:

Post a Comment