Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kelly Rowland...Essence Cover Girl: Covers September Fall Style Issue


Kelly's had a pretty good year.  She has a hot album, with two R&B hits:  Kisses Down Low and Dirty Laundry.  And another R&B hit with Fantasia & Missy, With Out Me.  She's got X Factor and Jaguar gigs and now she's got Essence.  She'll grace the coveted Fall Style issue.

 Check out a preview below:
ESSENCE’s September 2013 cover star used to be nervous about sharing her real feelings “’cause I didn’t want anybody to judge me. But now I don’t care,” she says. “Judge me if you want to. And as a matter of fact, it won’t even count, ‘cause the only person who can judge is God.”
“For a long time I wasn’t happy, but that had nothing to do with Beyoncé,” Rowland says. “That had to do with me trying to get my life in order and make better decisions for myself. I’m seeing all these wonderful things happen for her and I am happy for her. But I want a path. I want things to pop off for me, too. Not on her level but whatever my level is supposed to be.”
Through workouts with trainer Jeanette Jenkins and sparring sessions with former boxer Martin Snow, she’s finding her power. “I see the beauty in boxing,” she says. “It teaches me strength, physically but mostly mentally. I had to learn my strength, because for so long I could have been tougher than I was.”  (Source:  Essence)
The revealing interview and photo spread hits newsstands August 9.  Be sure to pick up your copy.





--Princess Carter

Source:  Essence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment