Monday, February 11, 2013

Queen B: Beyoncé Takes VOGUE, Oprah's Next Chapter, HBO & The Essence Fest...

February has been a great month for B.  After an incredible Super Bowl Performance, an already announced HBO Doc, and a CNN Special and taking home her 17 Grammy.  B also covers Vogue (March 13) , Oprah's Next Chapter, and it has been announced that she'll be headlining this year's Essence Festival in July.  New Orleans she's coming back!!! 

Oprah revealed that B is finally going to be featured on her Next Chapter series.  B and Oprah will sit down for a in depth interview this week to be aired Saturday at 8pm ET on OWN.

OWN revealed:  Oprah goes one-on-one with Grammy-winning artist Beyoncé Knowles during her first sit-down interview since the biggest performance of the year at the big game.

Saturday's going to be a big night for B, because her long awaited HBO Doc:  Life Is But A Dream airs right after at 9pm ET on HBO.  Watch both trailers below.


And Vogue released B's cover and interview today and she looks stunning.  The Queen is channeling Audrey Hepburn in the classic beauty shoot.  It's high fashion and B looks good!!   In the feature, B talks motherhood, pregnancy & childbirth, her new album and being Mrs. Carter.  She recorded most of her new album in the Hamptons this summer.  


Be sure to pick up your copy when it hits newsstands.  Check out excerpts and a few pictures from the interview below.

It was also announced today that B will be headlining this year's Essence Fest in New Orleans this Fourth of July weekend.   Essence had this to say about B's headlining:
"We are incredibly excited to welcome Beyoncé back to the 2013 ESSENCE Festival line-up. She is truly the ultimate ESSENCE woman," said Essence Communications President, Michelle Ebanks. "If you missed her tour de force in New Orleans, please join us this Fourth of July weekend so that you can experience it live for yourself at the ESSENCE Festival. The ESSENCE Festival features the best in music, culture, arts and entertainment—all of which Beyoncé captures through her extraordinary gifts." 

Oprah's Nest Chapter:

Oprah & B, flashback. 




Life Is But A Dream:




Vogue Cover Girl:

B on Blue and Motherhood:

But outside this little room, there’s a gentle, sweet, unmistakable noise. The soft cry of a baby. And though Beyoncé has started a thought about her new album, she pauses and listens and just visibly melts. And in this moment, it becomes clear that while her career and her business are vital and essential, the life of Beyoncé Knowles has forever changed. 

“She’s about to go to sleep,” Beyoncé says, beaming. 

She, of course, is Blue Ivy Carter, born to Beyoncé and her husband, the hip-hop mogul Shawn Carter, a.k.a. Jay-Z, on January 7, 2012, in New York City, to the breathless rush of public attention that usually attends a royal birth. Now the curly-haired one-year-old is Beyoncé’s light, her constant companion, the adorable darling making cameos on her Tumblr. “She’s my road dog,” Beyoncé says. “She’s my homey, my best friend.”

“I felt very maternal around eight months,” she remembers. “And I thought I couldn’t become any more until I saw the baby. . . . But it happened during my labor because I had a very strong connection with my child. I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain. . . . We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication.”


On Jay & Family:

“Family has always been important. I’ve always had my mother and my father and my husband. But it’s just. . . .” She pauses. “Life is so much more than. . . It’s not defined by any of this.”


On Her New Album:

Now there is balance, a blending of work and home life. Beyoncé recorded much of her upcoming album (which she compares to a blend of her last album, 4, and 2008’s I Am . . . Sasha Fierce) this past summer in New York’s Hamptons, where collaborators included Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, and The-Dream, and the vibe was beachy and relaxed. “We had dinners with the producers every day, like a family,” she says. “It was like a camp. Weekends off. You could go and jump in the pool and ride bikes . . . the ocean and grass and sunshine. . . .  It was really a safe place.” 


Kelly & Gwyn Talk B:

Gwyn:
She has found an equilibrium. Beyoncé’s close friend Gwyneth Paltrow relates a story of going to visit her in the recording studio and encountering mother with daughter. 

“Blue was sleeping in her arms, across her body, and B was listening back to what she had been working on,” Paltrow says. “I thought, This is how you do it. You do what you love with who you love included.”

There’s one change in the musical life of Beyoncé, Paltrow notes. When Blue’s in the studio, they turn down the volume. 

Kelly:
 “She’s wise beyond her years sometimes,” Rowland says. “I think that comes with her growing up in [her mother’s] hair salon. I also grew up in the salon. . . . We’d listen to other people’s conversations and learn a lot.” 

 --Princess Carter

Sources: Vogue.com/OWN & HBO

No comments:

Post a Comment