Thursday, February 23, 2012

In The Know: JK Rowling Set to Publish Her First Adult Novel

JK Rowling (Harry Potter)

JK Rowling's Harry Potter Series is loved by just as many adults as it is by kids, even though it isn't an adult novel; but then again there is no age limit on Adventure or Fantasy.

She just announced, in her next book she's leaving the kiddies behind and writing her first "official" adult novel.  It will be published by Little, Brown.


I can't wait to see what the book's going to be about.  I hope she still sticks the Adventure/Fantasy genre.  I wonder what kinds of adventures she'll write about?

Here's what JK had to say about her upcoming project:   "Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher.  I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life." 

Can't Wait!!!

--Princess Carter

Credit:  PublishersLunch

No comments:

Post a Comment